News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1964-1968 How does top boot attach to rear seat? Velcro or slider?

Started by FaxonAutoLit, April 02, 2014, 12:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaxonAutoLit

I'm trying to identify some convertible top information, and I am specifically interested in how the convertible top boot attaches to the rear of the back seat - with either velcro or a slid-in bar.  Some internet sites say both were available, but I'm guessing that for some of those years Cadillacs had only velcro.  The parts books show only one boot per year per color, (though Deville and Eldo can be different), so it doesn't make sense that 2 kinds of boots were available in one year (unless they were divided by color - e.g all black boots were velcro and all white had sliders).  If you have a 1964-1968, either Series 62/Deville or Eldorado, how does your boot attach to the rear of the back seat - with a slide-in bar, or velcro?  Let me know the year and model.

cadillactim

Tim Groves

Gary McKinney

Gary McKinney

1950 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
1966 Cadillac Eldorado

FaxonAutoLit

Thanks guys.  Looking for more if anyone else has input. 

Jerry Puma

My 1964 Eldorado has a silver blue boot with a black rubber slider.
Jerry Puma
1964 Eldorado
1961 Series 62 6-window

cadillacmike68

1964s will probably be different than the 1965-1970. There was a wholesale chassis change foom 64-65.  My 1968 uses Velcro (plus two snaps). 

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike