News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

White Wall Tires

Started by Jon S, April 03, 2014, 11:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon S

I've read a lot of posts on this Board regarding white wall tires and the pro-Diamondback vs pro-Coker vs pro-Hankook, etc.

Well, I have to tell you I started my '58 up this morning, checked the air pressure since last September, took it for it's first ride this year and decided to clean the white walls which still looked very white.  All of the tires had dropped from 32 lbs to 30 lbs and upon cleaning them, there was minimal yellowing.  These are Coker B F Goodrich 235 x 75 x 15's I purchased in 2006.

To say I am impressed would be an understatement.  I am very impressed.  In addition to looking great (I think a tire's sidewall appearance and tread design is very important) they handle fantastically.

I just wanted to share my thoughts.  My previous tires were Uniroyal Radials purchased in 1976 which also performed extremely well.  Prior to that the car had U S Royal Safety 800's and Safety 8's which being bias ply's never handled as well as the radials.

Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

MY 59

good feedback,
I struggled to choose with all of the differing opinions, but settled on Coker Classics
very happy with them, transformed the driving characteristics dramatically and the car feels great on the road
would buy them again without hesitation.
havent tried any others so cant comment, just feel Coker make a good product in my experience
David Bone :)

1959 Cadillac Sedan Deville
1967 (aussie) ZA ford Fairlane