News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

fuel pump on a 53 deville, 331

Started by bullet bob, April 03, 2014, 06:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullet bob

Hello all. Just found your forum last night. Hoping you can help. And yes, I did a search first and couldn't find a answer. My problem is: I drained my glass fuel pump and promptly drop the little cone which holds down the glass. I quit playing with it shortly and started with it again the next day. Long story short (still haven't found that little cone) I found a little piece that would work, and replaced the glass. Naturally, the fuel pump was bone dry. The glass filter was full. I started the car, ran for a few, and then died. Out of gas. Fuel pump now doesn't work. Other than draining the fuel out of the bowl, I never touched anything. Is there some way of reviving this thing, or are we talking a re-build? I tried wetting it with gas, but no-go. Sure appreciate some insight on this. Thanks. Bob
Honda Goldwing 1800  "I don't need no stinkin' map, I've still got gas"

Dave Shepherd

Who knows how old that pump is, I would start searching for a new one or a source to rebuild it.