News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1947 7533 Derham Limo

Started by Eric Voigt, April 04, 2014, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Voigt

This has been in the family for a number of years now and I am contemplating repainting and replacing the top with correct fabric.

I have photos of the car before being painted and it was Antionette blue (code 2) with possibly a tan or, faint blue HAARTZ type fabric cloth to match or, offest the blue mohair  interior in the compartment .

I have also been told the colors other then tan were not available.  Can someone confirm?  I have the photo of the car from when it left Derham however it is Black and white and difficult to make out.

Eric
Eric Voigt

1941 Cad 60 Special
1947 Cad 7533 Derham Limo
1963 Avanti Supercharged R2
1966 Olds Toronado, Deluxe
1969 Dodge Charger
1971 Olds 442 Conv

julianburke

I'm not sure what I would do here as this car is "My cup of tea".  I love this car and I am for keeping a car as original as possible.  I'm sure you don't drive it in the rain or let it sit outdoors.  I do however think it is a beautiful car as it is and would be very reluctant to change anything until I was sure it would be an asset to change anything.  Finding a talent to put a haartz top on it is another thing. 

However, this car would be stunning in dark blue with a tan haartz top!!  If this is the original color combo that left the factory and you can find someone to do the work I would go ahead if you want to spend the money to do so.  I have seen many tan combos that were available as tan was as common as black was.  Since it was sent to an aftermarket shop for upfitting, I'm pretty sure the sky was the limit for any color, but being a post war car, some colors probably were not available but tan should not have been one of them.  Did Derham have any sales books for this period showing colors that might be archived?

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I would find a picture of a 1976 Cadillac in dark blue with the caramel colored top and see what you think. (If you had that color available.) Perhaps the darkest tan you could get would suffice. In any case, seeing that striking color combination might help you decide. Lovely car. I H
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Terry Wenger

Eric:

The Haartz top materials were available in various colors but most Derham conversions used the tan colored material. Haartz is still in business making top materials.

Terry Wenger
Terry Wenger CLC #1800
tewv16@sbcglobal.net
1932 355B TSD
1939 7557
1940 60S
1941 60S
1947 6267 Conv.
1949 6207X Coupe
1963 60S