News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

help! need 331 caddy expert advice!

Started by mooman929, April 05, 2014, 06:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooman929

Hello again everyone.  Hopefully this is my last question for awhile.  So I got my 331 back together except for the heads.  Looked in my parts box and there was a small rod or shaft (whatever it is) and my gut dropped.  I don't remember what its for.  The fuel pump shaft is in and the keyed shaft for the oil pump.  I have no idea what it was from.  I rebuilt the fuel pump a few months back and maybe its a used part out of the pump thay got put in the parts box???? Any help is appreciated!  The picture shows the rod.  The top one is the one I'm talkin about.  The bigger one is the fuel pump rod

Jay Friedman

It's not anything I know of from a '49 331 motor.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

mooman929

Thanks for the help.  If I'm not mistaken theres only 2 rods which would be the oil pump and the fuel pump correct?

Dave Shepherd

Not a 331 expert but, most fuel pump pushrods are not slotted or keyed as a dist/oil pump drive would be.

mooman929

Correct.  I have a slotted one in the oil pump/distributor and a straight one which is the bottom one in the pic.  I just dk what that other straight rod was in my parts box