News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1977 Eldorado fusebox(s) location(s)

Started by fgexpert, April 10, 2014, 10:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fgexpert

Where is the fuse for the power windows on my 1977 Eldordo located?

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Fuse block mounted on firewall to the left of steering column.

Power window circuit is protected by breaker I believe.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

eldorado_boyblue

Yes, the power windows go through one of the metal circuit breakers in the fusebox, as do the power locks, trunk, and a few other things.
Daniel

1978 Eldorado

TJ Hopland

I don't remember about 77 but for sure by 78 the other car models had changed to the plastic blade type fuses so you have to be sure you are looking at a diagram for an Eldorado.   I'm guessing since they knew the Eldo was getting a major redesign for 79 they just didn't bother updating its fuse block so they still had the glass fuses.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

1977 downsized models got the newer type fuses.

I believe Eldorado & Seville retained the older style fuses until their respective restyles in 1979 & 1980.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

TJ Hopland

Makes sense about the Seville being 'old style' too. 

I just remember running into the issue of looking at the wrong diagram when I was working on a 78.  It was really annoying because things just didn't quite match.    I was used to the earlier stuff where there was pretty much just one diagram for all the cars.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason