News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

70 Power Window Switch

Started by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373, April 10, 2014, 10:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Anybody know where to get a new Master window switch for a 70 Deville?  I had mine and a spare and have taken them apart so many times that the frames won't pinch down the contact tab any longer.  I haven't had much luck with 40+ year old electrical stuff so I want a new one.
I see them for $20 or less all over the place but they don't fit the older ones.  Any ideas? 
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

sjocad

Do the best to get them tight,and the use Superglue.
svein sjoblom,CLC # 12214.

1937 Lasalle opera coupe series 50.

Scot Minesinger

Google Cadillac Tim in Iva SC, he should have them at good prices.  They are also on e-bay all the time, just picked one up myself as mine failed.  Be careful that you do get a 70.  The switch prongs on different years (not sure which ones) are thicker and the plastic connector with holes will not press on (you think you can make it happen, but you cannot)-this happened to me too.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

OK, I'll try Caddy Tim.
I have one off of ebay and it went bad too.  I now have the 2 of them Frankensteined into one.  I'll try the superglue trick too.  Maybe that will work.
Thanks
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

jaxops

My condolences!  I went through 4 on my '56 before I also "Frankensteined" one that didn't disintegrate when I ran the window!
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA