News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

56 trunk pull down

Started by Al Goldstone, April 13, 2014, 09:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goldstone

My trunk pull down switch at the latch has no continuity the little rivet must have corrosion behind it. I'm looking for another switch or is there a way to repair? I'm tried finding rivets or screws that small but I can't find them long enough.

Al Goldstone
Al Goldstone

quadfins

There is a guy who advertises rebuilt pull down systems on eBay! and he also says that he can rebuilt or repair yours? Somewhere in Maryland, IIRC, but I am out of town at the moment, and don't have my contact info. I suppose that if you run a check on eBay, his info might come up.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Paul Tesone

Al - his name is Jay Brown . He has done a couple of rebuilds for me . Good guy to work with . I have two numbers for him that I have used in the past . Not sure if either is correct now : 443-402-1125 or 410-515-0088 . If neither is correct , look in Hemmings . He usually has an ad in the Cadillac section . One other possibility : in looking thru past posts for Jay's number , someone named J . Weiss responded stating that he rebuilds these units . I have no personal knowledge about this person . He listed his email address to be sales@cadillacsonly.com . Good luck . ....Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

57 Eldo Seville

If your problem is the micro switch and if the switch is the same as on the 1957 Cadillac, Ralph Messina correctly identified the switch manufacturer and part number (Honeywell Micro Switch 1TB1-3) on this post http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=108712.msg151827#msg151827.

I purchased the Honeywell switch from Zoro Tools and it works perfectly.
Dave Morris
CLC#28497
1957 Eldorado Seville
2020 CT5-V