News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 vacuum pump brass coupler question

Started by 46Chris, April 13, 2014, 08:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

46Chris

After installing the pump on our 63 series this weekend, I connected the rearmost smaller vacuum line via a brass coupler screwed into the pump body.  There wasn't a brass fitting for the front vacuum line (pictured), which maybe explained why someone had earlier connected the two lines with a length of fuel hose. 

Looking at the larger vacuum line coming off the manifold, it sure looks like it belongs, so I'm hoping that I'm just missing a brass coupler.  If that's the case, I hope to get some guidance on where to find one.  Hopefully a hardware store..

If I didn't add this picture correctly, you should be able to click on it.

Best, Chris

http://i.imgur.com/BVXoEJ0.jpg
Chris Rewey
1941 Series 61 (sold)

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Chris: Please look at the picture below for the fitting marked 1. That fitting I think matches the hole with the circle in your picture and is what they call a inverted flare tube nipple which is for a 5/16 line. The brass fitting has a 1/8th taper thread. That fitting takes the 5/16th line that is the vacuum line from the brass fitting on the manifold in front of the carb. Any NAPA or auto parts store should have that fitting although I am finding that the local neighbor NAPA stores have started not stocking the old brass fittings but they are still stocked at the NAPA warehouse serving that local store.   Bill

46Chris

Hi Bill,

Just what I was hoping to hear.   Why it went missing will remain a mystery, but I'll be glad to get it right.  Thanks for your help!

Best, Chris
Chris Rewey
1941 Series 61 (sold)

joeceretti

If you have a parkerstore or any other hydraulic hose/fitting supplier near you that would be another good place to find the fitting you need. I've found everything I need for my 38 there.

46Chris

I hadn't heard of Parker before.  Turns out there's a store only about 5 miles from where I work, so I'll definitely swing by over my lunch hour. 

Appreciate it, thanks.

Best, Chris
Chris Rewey
1941 Series 61 (sold)