News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac Windshield stainless mounting clips

Started by greybeard, April 16, 2014, 02:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greybeard

I have searched and been told these clips that hold the stainless trim to the windshield are not available.  Is that true? Does anyone know of any sources?
Thank you,
Don Sylvia

Grant Owen

These clips are available at lots of places they are the same as Chevrolet.

greybeard

Thank you for your response.  The thing that  threw me was that the "pins" on the clips were at an angle and not square to the mounting surface.  The "pins" looked like they might have had threads on them but not threaded.  Does that make any sense?
I looked on e-bay but everything was threaded with a fastener on it.  Do these clips have a specific name so I can identify them? Or are they supposed to be square to the surface and were bent when removed from the car?
Any input is appreciated,
Don Sylvia

Grant Owen

Don, ebay # 350927249594  fitted these to a 59 this week.

greybeard

THANK YOU, Grant. Found them and they are on order! I know there are several parts that cross over to Chevy, Buick & Pontiac but I didn't think to broaden my search.
Thanks again,
Don Sylvia