News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Looking For Rear seat belts for a 57 Cadillac Any Recomendations ?

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, April 25, 2014, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello I have a 6 year old Grand doughter  that i would like to take to cruises and just for a ride around town . My car does have Seat belts in the front  however the law states that all kids must be straped into the back on a car seat . I think it's time to purchase a set of rear seat belts . any suggestions Lookg for a set in blue .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

olds34dude

Speedway Motors has a number of styles offered, some in various colors; probably even JC Whitney, sears etc, swap meets etc. dave v
D. Varney

35-709

Juliano's seat belt store --- http://www.seatbeltstore.com/

Has a wide selection of buckle styles and colors
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

INTMD8

Is a lap belt only sufficient for this or do you need 3 point? 

Not sure if construction is similar but I've installed 3 point in the rear of my 57 Brougham if you need ideas.

gary griffin

She is probably safer in the back seat of your Caddy than fully belted into a Fiat 500.

In my state (Washington) seat belts are required but any classic is legal to drive the same way it was new.  An example is that prewar Fords had one taillight except the Deluxe had two.

Aside from that I will be installing belts to the best of my ability and I am sure they will make the cars safer but may not have correct attachment points .
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

austingta

Quote from: gary griffin on April 27, 2014, 02:03:58 PM
She is probably safer in the back seat of your Caddy than fully belted into a Fiat 500.

In my state (Washington) seat belts are required but any classic is legal to drive the same way it was new.  An example is that prewar Fords had one taillight except the Deluxe had two.

Aside from that I will be installing belts to the best of my ability and I am sure they will make the cars safer but may not have correct attachment points .

Bill Balkie 24172

Thanks to everyone ,
    The belts that are in the front of my car are made by Beams , I have found a matching pair even the color is right  on ebay that will fit the Rear on my Convertible . thanks again to all that responded to my request .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS