News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

DeVille convertible top relacement in medium blue

Started by lou-q, April 17, 2014, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lou-q

Does anyone know where I can get a good quality replacement top in medium blue for a 67 DeVille.
Or does anyone have a car with a medium blue top  they can take a picture for me as I don't know what medium blue looks like exactly.
Thanks in advance,
Lou Quirch
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
67 DeVille convertible Venetian Blue
67 DeVille convertible Doeskin SOLD
67 Corvette Marina Blue Roadster
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary Black Convert
2020 Shelby GT500 Magnetic Metallic
67 DeVille convertible Donor car for parts
3 F250 Ford P/Us

Alan Harris CLC#1513

I had a 1966 Impala Super Sport with a medium blue convertible top. The top was made by KEE convertible tops. It looked very good. I am sure they could send you a vinyl sample in blue.

Scot Minesinger

Since you are going to spend some money on the a nice blue top and want to get the right shade/tone, buy the dealer book on e-bay.  It has samples of all the optional colors.  The blue convertible top will be in the book and you can get it matched.  I have seen blue convertible tops on many cars and they look great except for mine, which had a match body color - too much of a good thing. 
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

lou-q

Alan,
Thanks, I'll check KEE out.

Scot,
What do you mean by a dealer book? The authenticity manual has exterior and interior color samples but not for the top. They only mention the color of the top by #s. 3 being medium blue. I have a shop manual on it's way from E bay but I don't know if it shows colors/.
Thanks,
Lou

Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
3 F250 Ford P/Us

Barry M Wheeler #2189

A dealer book is a heavy book with slick covers in full color, or an embossed fancy cover. It shows EVERYTHING that has to do with the appearance of the car, such as paint and upholstery and shows actual samples of the materials. Generally, they run around a hundred dollars or so, depending on how hard they are to get. Like, don't expect one for a 1959 Cadillac at that price. (Or any of the Tri-year Chevies.) Check on eBay for them. They were used back in the olden days when most cars were ordered and then built how you wanted it.
The forty acres of cars per dealer such as is done at present was simply not done. This is how a small town could have a Cadillac dealer. They might have had one car in stock.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Scot Minesinger

Yes, that is exactly what I meant by dealer book.  Get the right color blue, as it was designed to go best with the other colors (read will look great) and you won't get nicked for a non Cadillac color at shows.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Lou,

Attached is a scan of '67 Medium Blue convertible top material. Your best bet is to pick blue colors from the manufacturer's web site and get samples. You can then match it to your paint color to insure it looks appropriate. Many of the original Cadillac colors are not availabe but you can find a workable subsitute.

HTH,
Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

lou-q

Thanks for the explanation on dealer books.
I'll keep my eye out for one.

Ralph,
Thanks for the scan.
I have ordered a few samples from different companies and on Monday I will request some more.
Again you guys are great!!!
Lou
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
3 F250 Ford P/Us

76eldo

Lou,

When you search, search for Cadillac data book, Cadillac showroom album, Cadillac exterior sellections, Cadillac interior selections.

I have these books for all of my cars and there is great information in them.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)