News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hand fuel pump for 1924

Started by Russ Cox, April 19, 2014, 11:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Cox

I am new to forum.  I have a 1924 5 passenger Landau sedan with hand fuel pump in dash.  the pump bypasses too much air to pressurize gas tank.  Does anyone know how i would go about locating parts for this?  The car drives fine with a bicycle pump attached to air line but it is a little awkward.  Thanks.  Russ

TMoore - NTCLC

Hi Russ -

I can't really help, but I recently assisted a family with a 1925 with the same fuel system.  The hobbyist restorer had installed a 6 volt fuel pump (and a 2 pound regulator) and vented the gas tank cap.  After discussing this with him, he had tried to get the pressurized system to work, but was never successful.  The pump housing was still on the car, but he had never been able to get everything to work in harmony.

I am sure some of the owners of cars with these systems will chime in, but just wanted you to know that there are some not-so- elegant workarounds.

Someone no doubt is rebuilding these systems, it is just a matter of finding the person or parts.

Classic

You might also try the Early V8 Cadillac Yahoo Group.  https://groups.yahoo.com/group/EarlyV8Cadillac/  The list owner/moderator Mike Barnes has a 1924 Cadillac V63 touring.
Gene Menne
CLC #474