News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Body Filler Panels

Started by Caddyjack, April 13, 2014, 10:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddyjack

Well, my 1976 Eldorado finally needed new bumper filler panels, as they had been cracking and horrible looking for the last year or so. I bought the ABS plastic ones from OPGI and am very impressed with the fit and look. Here's a photo:
Jack Larson
Philadelphia, PA

joecaristo

Joe Caristo

mistertudball

Looks great.  I've been thinking of replacing the panel by the gas tank filler on my '73 Eldo (which hasn't been there for years after rotting away) but was surprised that they want $150 for that little bit of plastic.  I guess I've spent more for less in my time, but sheesh. 
David Bartosic CLC19619

Thule

you have a link on there homepage? i need the fron plastics for my 73, and the plastic around the filler cap
Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.

mistertudball

Quote from: Thule on April 18, 2014, 12:03:23 AM
you have a link on there homepage? i need the fron plastics for my 73, and the plastic around the filler cap
You mean Original Parts Group's website? It's www.opgi.com
David Bartosic CLC19619

Thule

thank you, i found alot of stuff i need there :)
Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.

TJ Hopland

Are the ones OPG is selling different (better) than the better than nothing ones that have been available for the last 10 or so years?   Or did you have a good body shop that did all the fitting to make em look correct?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Tpicks55

ebay has a company putting out new ones. Plastic parts Inc.   I think they cost me 155.00 Haven't put them on my 75 yet.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

mistertudball

Does anyone know if the "average Joe" can install the plastic piece that goes around the fuel filler on a 73 Eldorado?  Does the bumper have to come off or is any special knowledge required? 
David Bartosic CLC19619

76eldo

If it's like the 76 style, it is very easy.

The originals were soft and pliable so they had two braces that held them up.

The new ABS replacements are stiff so the braces are not needed.  Since you can spray is a silver or argent color, you don't have to match the paint to the car color, and there is no Unleaded decal needed.

Take a peek under there to see.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv