News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CLC North Jersey Region Spring Car Show in Alpine, NJ

Started by C.R. Patton II, April 27, 2014, 02:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.R. Patton II

Ladies & Gentlemen

I just attended this wonderful show displaying beautiful Cadillacs.  I would like to express my gratitude to the host region members.  I had the honor and pleasure to fellowship with Mr. & Mrs. Art Archambeault, Eric De Virgilis, Mike Cascio, Roy Garretson and Thomas Pirog.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Likewise, it was a pleasure meeting you, Chuck and Paul.

As Art has said, the journey you have made in supporting the two local east coast CLC events this past weekend is true dedication to the cause. No less deserving of recognition is Michael Cascio in his efforts of promoting the Northern New Jersey CLC region. His sacrifices, selflessness and energy at all times, unbounded.

All these individuals exemplify the club spirit of the CLC.

There was a good cross section of Cadillac representation, spanning many decades from prewar to present with quite a few new "grilles" at this year's show, including Art & Jan's magnificent 1963 Eldorado Biarritz, a pristine 12,000 mile 1973 Eldorado with rare Track Master and a gorgeous '53 Series 62 convertible. A great time was had by all and the weather was perfect.

Thanks again to the Northern New Jersey region for hosting another great CLC show.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention the young lad that Art mentioned in the restoration of his 1979 Sedan deVille. His efforts are also to be commended. 

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Dan LeBlanc

Sounds like I missed a good time and that I'll have to bring the Fleetwood to next year's event.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Series75

Chuck,
Great meeting you.  This was a good show.  You drive away knowing that membership to this club begs you to get off the couch, off the PC and get yourself in your Cadillac and ATTEND a CLC Event.  Its the best way to really get to know your fellow CLC'rs.   I met good people, Art & Jan, Mike C, Eric D, Chuck and Paul.   Personally speaking we are all the best we can be when we meet face to face.  The Forums are OK, but it just seems to me the comradery shines through when you get out from get out from behind the "SCREEN." 
Art's right about the younger members of the club and there are just not enough.

Tom P. CLC # 6866   

62 driver

I can only read and smile about the great time you all had!  Art is right! It's about the young and helping them when we can.  When we can donate a part or give some advice we should.  Some here have given from their parts box already and some here have received when it was most needed.  It's paid off because they are still here and helping others.  What goes around comes around.  8)
Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889

Dan LeBlanc

Quote from: 49er on April 29, 2014, 10:26:26 AM
A pleasure meeting you too Tom. I concur with Tom. Try to attend a local meet this summer if you can even if a couple hrs away. This method of contact permeates our society today. I'm here to tell you, old Scholl still works. Right on the money Tom. Art

Art.  This has got me thinking.  Perhaps it may be time to look at having some sort of event in Maine.  The Kennebunks are very beautiful at any time of the year.  It's a bit out there for many, but, MA, NH, VT, and Atlantic Canada are all surrounding it.

Might be some a good chance for some of us a little further Northeast to participate in something closer.  NJ is a bit out there for me, ME is not (although Kennebunkport is about 5 1/2 hours drive for me).

Anybody in the NE chapter interested?  I'd be willing to join the chapter also and help out in any way I can.

Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc

It would definitely be nice to see something happen in Maine. I realize that most of the 2014 events are already scheduled but something for 2015 would be great. Us Atlantic Canadians are better positioned to associate with the NE region than other Canadian chapters as we are geographically closer to the New England states.

I checked the New Brunswick Antique Auto Club membership directory and there are about 10-12 other Cadillac enthusiasts that are not CLC members. I'm sure there are more in Nova Scotia. Do something in Maine once in awhile and I'd be pretty sure these guys would be in.
Dan LeBlanc

C.R. Patton II

Hello Dan

I love your dedication and enthusiasm.

In accordance with CLC regulations to establish a region or chapter you should consult Bob Crimmons and Toni Nabholz-Huse.  They can guide you to success.  With the mentorship of Art Artchambreault and Eric De Virgilis, the future of the Cadillac & LaSalle Club is bright with you and Michael Cascio.  We support you!
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.