News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

dbaer's cadillacville

Started by Davidinhartford, April 16, 2014, 09:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidinhartford

Looking for feedback from anyone who has ordered from these guys.    dbaer's cadillacville

Considering making a purchase from them.       As per message board rules, any negative feedback should be sent to me in a Private message. 

Thx,  Dave

David Greenburg

I have had positive dealings with them in the (distant) past, but I didn't think they were still in business. Haven't seen or heard about them in many years.  I you know otherwise, please let us know.  During a deep parts search recently, I came across Dbaers' website, but it seemed like all the info was 5 years old; I assumed it was no longer active.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

35-709

I know dBaer's was actively for sale a few, maybe several, years ago.  I too thought they had not sold and went out of business.  My one-time dealing with them was positive.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

David Greenburg

I just called his number. I got his voicemail, which indicates that, while in his 70's, he's still is business, available by phone in the afternoons (pacific time).
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

quadfins

I spoke with him yesterday, and ordered a trim part. Seemed like a completely normal business transaction, and we had a pleasant chat, too. Will let you know when and how the part arrives.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Davidinhartford

Thanks Guys!    I'll have to try and call him.   I work nights on the East coast, so the call afternoons is difficult for me.

Blade

Yes I have seen this business before and although have not dealt with them yet I did hear good things about them. A couple of years ago the owner was planning to retire but looks like he is still going. He has a large inventory of (I believe) only Cadillacs from all years and all conditions. Definitely a good place to try for any parts.

Hankk17

For a little while I'm pretty sure he had his whole operation up for sale via his website but it looks like he either did sell it and the buyer kept everything looking the same (smart move - why change the name of a known entity?) or decided to keep it running.

http://www.cadillacville.com/

Right from his website:

Please email any questions to my email address:
cadillacvilleemail addresses not permitted

Keep it short and simple.

Warning: 'dbaer' is a lousy email penpal. The telephone is my best mode of communication because I noticed when I talk on the phone, I get all the spelling and punctuation correct.
Afternoons west coast time, which is 4:00 - 9:00 Eastern time.

However, I realize global phone communication is sometimes difficult, so we'll try.

-Hank
Wherever you go... There you are

dsrour

I recently ordered a bunch of stuff for my 66 from him and it was all good stuff, some hard to find parts and very reasonable price. Delivered in a timely fashion as well.
He is somewhat hard to get a hold of. Call him after 12 noon pacific time. (his request)He is a bit of a curmudgeon, but has good knowledge of the parts.
Just be patient.

62 driver

Last year he sold me a emblem. It was in very good condition. The price was not cheep but I looked for 6 months with no luck. He is hard to call but know what he has when he answers the phone. He stripped lots of his cars and sold then for scrape steel prices he said. His parts are stored inside I think. Dave
Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889

quadfins

Add me to the "Positive" side...

The part I ordered arrived earlier this week. It was carefully packed and arrived in a timely manner. More important, it was the correct part, and in excellent condition.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4