News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

429 Distributor

Started by fabbrofour, May 05, 2014, 12:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabbrofour

Anyone know where I can purchase a new distributor for my 67' DeVille 429?

Thanks!

Julien Abrahams

Rock auto? I would try ebay.
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

Scot Minesinger

I purchased a NAPA/Rock Auto distributor for my 1970 Cadillac.  It lasted about 5,000 miles before the centrifugal weights wore large holes in the anchor points and car would shut-on and off at 25mph with foot off gas coasting-very annoying, took a while to find the problem.  These replacement parts are unusually poor quality.  Try used or very high quality new, don't go for price on this critical item or you may be walking home.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Rock Auto shows both a Cardone and a AC Delco rebuilt available. I personally have had good luck with both rebuilders, but am partial to AC Delco.  A quick inspection will tell you the quality of the rebuild. 
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

fabbrofour

Thanks for the advice. I was considering buying one from NAPA for $82, but I think I'll pass on that one. You get what you pay for and I'd just as soon pay a little more and get something that is going to work and last.