News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

55 Hood hinge hold down

Started by Bob Kielar, May 07, 2014, 07:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

Can someone tell me how this mounts on the hood hinge the bar might even be upside down. A picture would be great. :-\

Thanks,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

J. Gomez

Bob,

Picture attached..!

Good luck
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Bob Kielar

Thanks that clears things up. I don't know if you look at the mid century forum put I have been posting the progress of my 55 Fleetwood getting painted. The post is Annie on her way to the body shop.

Thanks again
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

J. Gomez

Quote from: Bob Kielar on May 07, 2014, 08:38:37 PM
Thanks that clears things up. I don't know if you look at the mid century forum put I have been posting the progress of my 55 Fleetwood getting painted. The post is Annie on her way to the body shop.

Thanks again
Bob Kielar

Bob,

I'm on both Mid Century and Cadill-Ikes under JAG56Cad, and I have been follow you '55 progress. I whished I was at the same stage as you are, hoping for this year to get her painted.  ;)

Jose
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

walt chomosh #23510

Bob,
  I have one of those "things" in my attic with my other spare parts....thanks to Jose I now see where it goes. Just don't toally understand the purpose?.....walt...tulsa,ok

J. Gomez

Quote from: walt chomosh #23510 on May 08, 2014, 10:25:27 AM
Bob,
  I have one of those "things" in my attic with my other spare parts....thanks to Jose I now see where it goes. Just don't toally understand the purpose?.....walt...tulsa,ok

Walt,

The hook tension keeps the hood from rattling and sagging at the center it also helps to keep it level with the top of the cowl. 
J. Gomez
CLC #23082