News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Dealer outlet codes

Started by blazin, May 10, 2014, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blazin

I recieved my build sheet for my 62 eldo and I was wondering if anyone knew more information on the dealer outlet code number 913344
James Seeley 1962 series 62 coupe, 1962 eldorado convertible

Walter Youshock

Is there also a 3-letter code on the sheet or just the number?  Usually there was a city code like "NYC" or "CHI" which indicated where the car was originally shipped.  If it went to one of the major city Distributors like New York or Chicago and then a dealer, you may never find out exactly which dealer actually sold the car. 

Post the sheet if you can.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The three letter city abbreviation on the "cars built" sheets was replaced with a 6 digit outlet code in 1960 model year.

I believe the codes ending in "111" tend to signify the larger distributors and are generally easier to determine. Other codes for smaller dealers are much more difficult.

To date, there is no known official outlet code list of which I am aware.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

blazin

Here is a pdf of my build sheet. MIne is the thrid from the bottom
James Seeley 1962 series 62 coupe, 1962 eldorado convertible

Blade

Speaking of: anyone by any chance knows what the outlet code 'ATT' stands for in '59? My '59 convertible was delivered there, something that I was unable to decipher to this day.

Tom Hall 7485

Thank you very much for those outlet codes, Mr. Seeley.  I collect them, and many of the ones on your sheet are new to me.

The "9" at the beginning of the code for your car suggests maybe a house account of some sort.
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.

Eldo66

Tom -

I am trying to confirm whether the dealer outlet code for Thomas Cadillac in Los Angeles was 811119.  Do you happen to know? 

Thanks,

P. Nesbitt
1966 Eldorado - Flamenco Red with bucket seats

C.R. Patton II

Hello Mr. Nesbitt

This question could be answered by Steven Butcher, a knowledgeable CLC member in the Southern California area. Try reaching him via email.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Tom Hall 7485

This thread is about Blazin's '62 Eldorado.  Please contact me by email, Mr. Nesbitt.  The address in the club directory is still good.  I'm in California.  By the way, when we can ID the numbers, I ask that a small fee be paid to the CLC Museum.

Quote from: Eldo66 on August 24, 2014, 10:07:53 PM
Tom -

I am trying to confirm whether the dealer outlet code for Thomas Cadillac in Los Angeles was 811119.  Do you happen to know? 

Thanks,

P. Nesbitt

I'm 95% certain the outlet code for Thomas Cadillac is 870111.

Tom Hall 7485

Eric, I don't think we can assume that Thomas, who did not take over at 7th and Bixel until 1965, had the number you have given.  The number you have given was used for some location in 1961-62, but that is pre-Thomas.  At the moment, we do not know what year car Mr. Nesbitt is thinking of, or what materials he is looking at.  (Anyway, I think it would be better if he started a new thread for that inquiry....)

I defer to your expertise Tom.

If it is the case that Thomas did not take over from Don Lee until 1965, then 870111 would have been the code for Don Lee.

willits

How about dealer code 860111?   My build sheet is attached.  Mine is the 4th from the top.
Peter
Peter Willits
1958 Coupe DeVille http://bit.ly/1O6BGVu
1961 62 Convertible http://bit.ly/1O6BHst
2008 STS-V http://bit.ly/1O6CI3P

My '62 has the outlet code 890111. I assume it was sold the bay area, but I'm not 100% sure.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Tom Hall 7485

Thank you, Mr. Willits.  That one will be helpful.

Eric, at the end of 1948, GM informed Don Lee, Inc. (Tommy Lee) that Don Lee, Inc. was finished as the California distributor.  GM took over at 7th at Bixel until 1965, when it sold that operation to La Rue Thomas.  GM did the same thing to Don Lee, Inc. at the big San Francisco store at the end of 1948, leaving Tommy Lee with just a few small dealerships in California, like Burlingame.  So, 870111 probably refers to the GM-owned Los Angeles Branch 1960-62.  It is not necessarily the only outlet number for that store during that period.  It should disappear from the records late in '65, if not sooner.

Mr. 6262, please contact me by email.

I find the higher 1960-62 outlet numbers tricky and lack enough 1963-65 outlet numbers to say much of anything about them. 

sv1

Hello!

I am new at this forum, and have 2 Cadillac's.

The one from 1960 have the outlet code 870111 and all i can find of information on this. Possible Californian distributor Don Lee.

Anyone have more info on this code?

The code on the 1967 is 831119 and this is the Modern Motors In Glendale. I have the documentation for this car.

Sven
Sven Bruer

sv1

had some problem uploading the files.
So this will be the file for the 1967

Sven
Sven Bruer

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
  I have been trying to find anything about my cars origin  . I know the outlet code is MCD . I have the build sheet , I have posted this a few times  going back to 2011. with no luck . It is a 1957 Cadillac Biarritz . I will include a photo of the build sheet and code . Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS