News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Correct Belt Source

Started by eldorado_boyblue, May 11, 2014, 07:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldorado_boyblue

So I got some belts from Autozone the other day to replace my ailing P/S and alternator belt. Got everything off only to realize that the new belts won't fit-- they're too small. Is there a source where I can find the correct sized belts for my '78 Eldorado? I've searched around online but the sizes all seem to be wildly different.
Daniel

1978 Eldorado

chrisntam

I got mine from Rock Auto for my '70, they fit perfectly.  If you need to get them locally, take your old belts in, they can measure them and get you what you need.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

TJ Hopland

Too small in overall length?  Or too narrow?   

Other than them usually not being in stock and seeming a little stretchy I have not really had issues getting the correct length

If you can make out any of the numbers on your old ones its usually pretty easy to cross reference them online.     
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason