News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

47 convertible top color

Started by TonyZappone #2624, May 12, 2014, 03:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyZappone #2624

I looked at my body plate on my '47 convertible.  It showed color 1.  Color 1 is black, as is the car presently.  After the 1, there is the capital letter K.  I presume that is top color, although no where in the master parts book could I find the code for K.  The trim number is 74, I presume this would be tan whipcord, which is still under the leather that someone has redone the car (with).  Any info?
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Tony: On Page I-3 of the Class 12 1942-1947 Cadillac Authenticity Manual as it appears explaining a body nameplate as follows;

Acc: K; These codes are defined on the vehicle's build sheet available from Cadillac Historical Services. According to the Authenticity Manual there were only two top colors for 46-47, #1 was tan #2 was black. In 1942 (only) in addition to 1 & 2 for top colors there was #3 which was blue/gray. So the letter K on your nameplate is not color and the only way to find out what K stands for on your car I guess is to request a build sheet from Historical Services. My assumption is Acc stands for any optional equipment ordered with the car. Trim 74 on your plate is listed as Bedford Cord (Gray) in the manual.     Bill

Jeff Hansen

K represents the Automatic Heating System.
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

srk1941

I'm pretty sure blue-gray was offered in 1941 also, it's listed as one of three optional top colors in the deluxe 1941 spiral bound catalog. I have the build sheet for my '41 convertible, and "tan top" is called out in words, not as a code.
Steven Keylon
1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
CLC# 16658