News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Kelly Cadillac Show, Lancaster, PA this weekend

Started by Dan LeBlanc, May 14, 2014, 09:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan LeBlanc

Just curious, who's going? 

I'm going to be in the area this weekend (yes, from 752mi away) visiting great friends of ours and was very pleased to find out the show was happening.  So, I'm going to be there.

Hope to meet some new friends and get reacquainted with old ones.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Walter Youshock

I'm finally going to make it this year!  Weather looks great and the '57 needs some exercise.  Glad you're going to make it as well, Dan.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Let's just hope the roads will have dried by Saturday morning after the 1" of rain that is expected on Friday.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Walter Youshock

To hell with it already.  After the winter we had, a dirty undercarriage will be worth the trip.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Dan LeBlanc

I would've loved to take the Fleetwood and drive it down, but Art and Mrs. Dan's (Crystal) common sense are barring me from doing so. 

By all means guys, yeah, we'd love to see you at Giotti's.
Dan LeBlanc

Richard Sills - CLC #936

The weather forecast for Lancaster still looks good for tomorrow -- a sunny day with a high of 68 degrees. 

At the Kelly Cadillac show, we will have a DJ spinning oldies tunes, a food vendor selling breakfast and lunch, and the Good Humor Man selling ice-cream treats from a vintage truck.  We will also have a bake sale, and a display of vintage jewelry for sale.   So come and enjoy the hospitality of the Central Penn Region CLC at a beautiful Cadillac dealership in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country.

Walter Youshock

Just returned home from this incredible event.  Kudos to Jan and Art Archembeault for their bottomless hospitality.  Fleetwood class all the way.

THANK YOU so very much for your generosity!

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

76eldo

Really wish I could go but have a family function to attend.

Maybe next year

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Yes, many thanks to Jan & Art whose unbounded hospitality make every Central PA CLC event all the more special.

They are true devotees to the cause. 

Blade

Dan LeBlanc

I've got some pictures but not all the ones I took. Had the memory fill up on the iPhone over the weekend and ended up losing some in the process. When I get back to the house tonight I'll post what survived.
Dan LeBlanc

Blade

Quote from: 49er on May 20, 2014, 08:43:30 AM
Tibor, coming today. Everybody is old darts and it takes us forever to get anything done. You should see us changingspark plugs, it can take two days with all the bs goin on. Art

I understand Art, take your time .... and if anyone needs some help with pictures (resizing, clean up or posting) just let me know, I have done some digital graphic works and willing to help out.

Thank you for getting some posted if you can.

Blade

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on May 20, 2014, 09:43:51 AM
I've got some pictures but not all the ones I took. Had the memory fill up on the iPhone over the weekend and ended up losing some in the process. When I get back to the house tonight I'll post what survived.

If you have a connection with your phone and the memory is filled up you could either upload some to a remote server or you could e-mail them even to yourself from where you are; that way the pictures will be stored on the e-mail server and you could free up some space in memory and continue shooting. When you get home just open your e-mail and download the pictures to your home computer ... :)

Dan LeBlanc

To start, here's a magnificent 63 Eldorado that showed up:

And an elegant 62 Fleetwood

And an as new 77 Coupe de Ville

And a place of honor for this 64 de Ville convertible marking it's 50th anniversary

Dan LeBlanc

Blade

Magnificent machines, wish I could have been there myself.

I guess I didn't realize the 62 Fleetwoods were still hard tops. 

All closed body Cadillacs were hardtops from 1957-1964, except for Series 75.

Thanks for posting the pics Dan.

Dan LeBlanc

More photos.

Of course no show is complete without ice cream - the truck works very well, my ice cream was very frozen and very good:

A very nice 57 Coupe de Ville

Best in show winner

A nice lineup

Some friends with other makes

Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc

Dinner after the show with some friends and very gracious hosts:

Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc

Art and everyone, thanks for having me.  The "honorary long distance award" was a nice touch.  It was a true pleasure to have the opportunity to drive Art's cars to and from the show - even though I'm not used to Pennsylvania traffic and was white knuckling it there and back for fear something may happen.  I'm from a little fishing village - we don't see that kind of traffic.

The best part was having dinner with old friends and new.  Yes, we can interact with each other here and at the shows, but the best of all is breaking bread with your fellow members.  Memories that will last forever.
Dan LeBlanc

Blade

Thanks for the additional pictures Dan, hopefully next summer I can also make it to some of these events.