News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1950 61 Fender skirts

Started by VooDoo, May 17, 2014, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VooDoo

Do and other years fender skirts fit the 1950 61 series? I know there is a difference between the 61 and 62. I have been checking ebay and around but havnt seen much that seems to be resonable. Any body know someone parting with some ;)
Andy Fulenwider
1937 75 Series Convertible
1947 62 Series Custom Project

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Andy,

According to the Master Parts Book, yes the 62 series sedans (6219) skirts will fit your 61 series car, but the 62 series had a piece of stainless trim on them that the 61 series did not. In fact, the book mentions that the 61 series skirts could be used on the 62 sedans, but the holes for the trim piece would have to be drilled. Skirts for the coupes and convertibles and the 60 series sedans will not fit your car as they would be too long. Good luck with it.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

R Sotardi #11719

Andy, in addition to Pauls response, all 1950 to 53 model 62/61 skirts (shields, wheel openings) are the same, of course except for the trim on the model 62 not on the 61 series. However, the model 60Special sedan has a different part number. Ron

VooDoo

Even the 4 doors will fit the 2 doors? I found a pair on ebay but the guy said they were off a 4 door and they were longer? So Im kinda confussed. If there is no difference then that would work. BTW mine is a 2 door. Thanks for the help
Andy Fulenwider

signart

Pretty sure the coupe skirts are longer than the sedan skirts.
Art D. Woody

R Sotardi #11719

Sorry Andy, I forgot those parts belong to the 4door sedan. The 6237 coupe Deville and Conv list a different part #.

VooDoo

Ok so just to clearify, the 50-53 skirts 2 door 61 or 62 but not convertibles or coupe de villes or 4 doors?
Andy Fulenwider

Glen

From the 1958 Master Parts book: 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Andy,

My fault for the confusion here. I had forgotten that the 61 series cars have a shorter wheel base than the 62 series cars. So your car even though it's a coupe, takes the shorter skirt. The longer skirts are used on the 62 series coupes and convertibles and the Fleetwood 60 Special only. 
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine