News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 power steering hose availability...

Started by Edward Kenny, May 21, 2014, 01:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward Kenny

Can anyone tell me where I can find the correct power steering hoses for my '62 CDV? The hoses I ordered from USA Parts Supply have incorrect fittings, and the return hose from OPGI was just a rubber hose with no fitting at all for the steering gearbox!

Thanks in advance for the due diligence.

Julien Abrahams

Did you try at RockAuto? I usually get my parts from them, and have had no problems yet.
Are they different from the '63 PS system? Because I checked at Rockatuo, and they do list them for 1963, but not for 1962. Maybe check part numbers and/or give Rockauto a call or send an e-mail to their customer service? In my epxerience they are very quick to reply (within 24 hrs).
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

quadfins

I bought mine, some years ago, from NAPA.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

The Tassie Devil(le)

If you have the old original hoses and fittings, any Truck or Tractor or Hose shop will be able to install new hoses onto them.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Lars Kneller 8246

My 69 Tbird's wipers run off the power steering pump, and Inline Tube made me new lines/hoses.