News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

How to find a vin number ?

Started by CaddyGirl, May 21, 2014, 01:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaddyGirl

Help! Where all can I find the vin number stamped on the frame of a 60 Cadillac ??

S. Erickson
The CaddyGirl

smilasm

Marius Smilas

1956 Sedan DeVille  http://bit.ly/1hsWhri

Grant Owen

Sarah , 2 locations front of frame &  rear of frame left hand side , you can see the vin on the rear if you clean the frame & use a mirror, checking the vin at the rear is important if its an Eldo as their are fakes out there. I have attached 2 pictures of the locations . I thought you would have worked this out by now with the problems you had with the Seville you were selling.

Hayden P

Is that pics of your hangers Grant... And is that exhaust you told me about ?

Grant Owen

CaddyGirl

Grant are we talking driver side rear??
S. Erickson
The CaddyGirl

CaddyGirl

To protect my image and proving that what I said was true after the big Eldo Seville fiasco here's the numbers to prove it! Thanks everyone for your advice!

S. Erickson
The CaddyGirl

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

OK, I'll hijack this thread....... Where is it on a 70 Deville?
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Grant Owen

Yes Sarah it is on the drivers side .

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: Jeff Rose on May 21, 2014, 10:57:07 PM
Where is it on a 70 Deville?
Jeff
Jeff, the VIN is no more stamped on the frame; it is on top of the dash on the driver's side and visible through the windshield from outside the car.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Yah, I have that but it is quite faded.  It is on the engine and Trans but also 'hidden' on the frame too.  Just wondering where that was.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille