News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 Cadillac barn find/yard art

Started by Ken Perry, May 23, 2014, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Perry

I wanted to share some pictures of my yard art! I drug it in a few years ago,got it out of a old barn,it had been parted out ! I was going to get the few remaining parts off and cut it up! After having it a while,I decidded to make yard art out of it. I have a lot of parts that were not good enough to go on the cars I am fixing so I used them for my Rust-O-ration! I tried to make it look like it had just been parked like this years ago!It even has a dead Elvis bustin out of the dash!!! I have a lot of time in it,Hey,,can't dance,might as well work on a old junk 59 Cadillac! Anyway we love it! It has speakers in it and I play old 40s,50s and 60s music,so it's alive! I spend a lot of time in my back yard working on my old Cads and thats where my music comes from. Ken Perry         
Cadillac Ken

Smedly

Ken, thanks for sharing. I love looking at pics, especially of aged original caddies
Sheldon Hay
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

David Greenburg

I've been privileged to see (and hear) Ken's creation in person, and must say these pix barely do it justice!

Ken: how about a higher angle or closer in shot of The King bustin' through?
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Ken Perry

Here is another angle and closer, of the King bustin out of the dash!Thanks for the complement David! When Martha and her friend stopped by,I had stuff pilled all around it,so it was not very presentable.The pics are from last weekend after I cleaned it and the space around it. See if I can keep it clean for a while! Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

59-in-pieces

I and one of my sons were also privileged to see the Cad, and hear the tunes.  Although, I don't remember the young lady sun bathing on the rear window - I must be getting old.  Or, if you get a chance to go see Ken, you will understand - visual overload no matter where you look.
Thanks for letting us visit.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Ken Perry

Was nice to have you guys visit Steave! Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Blade

Look at all the parts I still can use from it.    :o  What's your address again Ken?   >:D

By the way what happened with the last picture? 'That' was the first item I was going snatch off of it ....  :P

Ken Perry

I didn't say the parts were all junk just not good enough for my other cars.It's a big world out there,with lots of 59 Cadillac parts,Leave my parts alone :P As for the picture,I had to remove it:(  She is gone! Pm me your Email,I have more ! Ken Perry   
Cadillac Ken

Quentin Hall

Why did you have to remove it? Your angry wife or the angry moderators?. Honestly it was a really good artistic pic. The way her elbow mimicked the line of the fin. Nothing more beautiful than the female form. If someone has a problem with that then they need to go back in their bubble. I was going to say womb . . . but can you say womb without offending someone? 
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Ken Perry

Somebody didn't like it ! The Moderator was very nice about it,so don't give them any @#$^&*(! Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Quentin Hall

Careful saying "@#$_=&" round here. Someone might complain.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Blade

I didn't think that last picture was offending or suggestive even for our 'mellow' forum, too bad you had to remove it.  :(

I was joking with the parts but yes I still need a few more to complete my convertible. By the way my sedan is the same car as your yard art: white 6229. Did you put the chromed tail light scoops on the fins? I thought they only came with the Eldorados and the Sixty Specials, all others were painted.

Quentin Hall

59 Eldo pods should be painted to be correct.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Blade

Was it just the Fleetwoods and maybe the limos that have those factory chromed?

David Greenburg

Only the Fleetwood 60S was chromed;Eldos and Fleetwood 75's were painted, although many folks  have added the chrome pods
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Ken Perry

I added the chrome cones. The ones on it were rusted out and Dan up in Oregon sold me those off his Fleetwood. They go good with the rust!  8) Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

quadfins

As a historian, I appreciate the Nose Art.

As a Moderator, I can tell you that we will shortly receive a "notification" that the attached pics are not Cadillac-related, and should be deleted.

The Moderators are "Car Guys", just like you, but we have volunteered to undertake an additional duty on behalf of the Club. Sometimes, we are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and unable to make everybody happy.

Tell me, what course of action do you recommend? Deliberately tweaking a nose only puts us in a compromising and unpleasant position.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Quentin Hall

Too much and too heavy moderation and the punters will leave and go elsewhere, simple as that. Blokes used to go to the pub after work. Blow off steam, talk rubbish with their mates, have fun, go home, argue with wife. Can't do that these days so a forum that allows a little entertainment has to have some flexibility.
I post quite a bit a you know to keep it entertaining, but I'm tiring of seeing some of my posts and comments deleted. I'm 48 now and took off my training wheels quite a few years ago.
I Said it a while ago. Moderation in all things, especially moderation.
Perhaps there needs to be another section called "enter at own risk". Perhaps there we can all ogle a girl with  a suggestively bent elbow.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

quadfins

Parameters get pushed, and before one knows it, rules/laws/guidelines (whatever you want to call them) get broken.

Example... What was the original topic of this thread? Has it morphed into something entirely different?

Maybe we need to refocus?

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Quentin Hall

Muuuuuuummmmmm! I can't find my hanky.!!
:'(
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz