News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Carter WDO carb perc. setting ?

Started by Grayle CLC #19544, May 26, 2014, 06:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grayle CLC #19544

For our 1940 Lasalle 5227.

This question is for the Carter WDO, tag# 460S.  How do you adjust and set the anti percolator arm to spec?

We had a spare carb to rebuild.  We took the poorly running carb off and installed our rebuilt carb, as mentioned above.  The rebuilt starts and drives very well.  The automatic choke is working as it should.  However when the car is driven for about 1/2 hour and good and hot, a restart is difficult unless the gas pedal is held to the floor. 

How do we adjust the anti perc to keep the fuel from flooding the engine?

Thanks in advance.
G. Leech
G. Leech   #19544

Tom Beaver

The attached two images give Carter's instructions for adjusting the anti-percolation valves.

Tom Beaver

Grayle CLC #19544

Tom, thanks for the Carter pages.

I do have the Motors Manual with a good set of photos and parts identification.  The carb is on the car so I need to plan to make the adjustment while on the engine.

I need to find something to work like the adjustment tool# T109-22 to set the tabs to spec.

Does anyone know what to use instead of this tool?
G. Leech   #19544