News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Convertible top adjusment

Started by Rob Leech, June 03, 2014, 08:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Leech

I don't have a top on the car yet, still adjusting the bows to the windows and such. I have a sag in the middle of one side, just about where the door window ends. I have to push up on the top bows to shut the door or the window hits the roof bow. I have raised the top to the max in the rear brackets. I have straightened up the bow and adjusted the set screw where the pivot is over the door window. Every time I let go the top bows drop back down. The set screw won't hold it straight. It's not stripped or anything and gets very tight. Is there anything else to try before I really screw something up?? Thx for all suggestions.
Rob Leech 1956 Eldorado Convertible

Quentin Hall

You need to move the positon of the arm with the triangle Plate down where the rear seat side is. As you pull it down and to the rear it will pull up on the problem area you have. To get enough tension you will have to release the latches at the header and prop the header up maybe 6 inches from the windscreen. It's a bit of trial and error but a little tension in the last few inches before the header located in the pins is what you need.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz