News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

I need a decent transporter

Started by mechanic80, June 04, 2014, 06:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mechanic80

I've had several cars shipped to my home from states away and have yet to say I'd use any of them a second time.  I could really use some recommendations.  Time isn't important, cost/value is.  Vancouver, WA to Tijeras, (Albuquerque) NM.
mechanic80

curly

I have only used an auto transporter once, across AZ, from Yuma to the Sedona area.  I used Reliable Carriers for the move.  I went with enclosed, and moved 3 cars at once. The move went smooth with 0 problems.  I am so glad I decided to have a pro do the move rather than try to move them myself.     A friend of mine worked for Jeep as an engineer, he told me they used Reliable a lot.
http://www.reliablecarriers.com/

T Lewis

lou-q

We have used Thomas Sunday transport. They are great, and Charlene the dispatcher is very helpful keeping you posted.
They are enclosed and cover the lower vehicles with plastic so oil from the uppers wont be an issue. Our car was shipped from Oregon to Indiana. It's a class outfit!!!
Good luck,
Lou
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
67 DeVille convertible Venetian Blue
67 DeVille convertible Doeskin SOLD
67 Corvette Marina Blue Roadster
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary Black Convert
2020 Shelby GT500 Magnetic Metallic
67 DeVille convertible Donor car for parts
3 F250 Ford P/Us

TJ Hopland

Seems like there should be a section just for this topic since it comes up so often. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

35-709

That and where to find VIN numbers on the frame of older cars before the windshield location came into common use.   ;D
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2