News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1950 Series 62 parts Id-- What are these parts?

Started by curly, June 11, 2014, 09:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curly

I am starting to work on my 1950 Cad and I need help identifying some parts.  The car was partially disassembled when I got it and nothing was labeled.
Below are some parts that I haven't figured out yet.  Can you help Id them?
Group 1

The lengths are: 9.5 inches, 27.5 in, 27 in

Group 2

This looks like windshield trim but I have both front and rear glass trim accounted for.  The curves on these pieces don't seem to match the car either.  No part numbers, 31.5 in long

Group 3

These very rusty parts look like they might be weather strip or carpet edge holders?  The rustiest part of the entire car was the inner rear floor pans.  I suspect the car sat with the windows open.  Could these have something to do with floor/carpet/bottom of seat trim?
Shorter two measure 19 x .5 with an 1/8 opening.

Group 4

There are 2 of the upper ones, I couldn't match the screw hole positions to anything. 54.5 long
The lower part looks like it fits the rocker panel, but if it does go there, it wouldn't look up to Cadillac standards, unless it is missing some trim.

Thanks for any help
T Lewis

rghobden

The lower item in group 4 goes between the top of the rear seat and the package shelf.  The curved portion faces the package shelf.  It was covered in vinyl.  The way it is positioned in your photo is exactly the way you would see it if you were looking into the car through the rear window.  Russ Hobden, #1235.
Russ Hobden, CLC #1235

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

Middle item in first picture goes on the A hinge pillar.  It holds the kick panel in place and the other slot is for the door wind lace.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

curly

Thank you both for the info.  No one has any ideas about the chrome parts?

T Lewis

rghobden

AS you must know, some parts will fit all models while some are unique to a certain model.  What series is your car?  Mine is a series 61 so I recognized the rear seat item in group 4.  Since the other item in this group appears to be about the same length, I would guess it also belongs to the seating area either behind the rear seat or maybe the rear panel of the front seat.  It looks familiar but I can't recall it.

As for Group 1, the upper item, by the shape of it, looks like it may go on the rear door sill extension, but it doesn't look like anything that is on my car.  Most of the items you have belong inside the doors so I would assume it may have come out of there also.  Is it an access cover?  Is it part of the hydraulic window lift system (if you have this option on your car)?

The middle item looks like a window channel for one of the doors. 

Group 2.  It sure looks like it is part of the rear window molding.  At the belt line, just below the window, are two moldings that surround the car,  The upper one (not to be conused with the roof line molding) is called the "rear window reveal molding" and is 3/4 inch wide.  The lower one which is installed over the bottom part of the upper one, is called the "rear quarter & back belt line molding" and is 1 3/8 inches wide.  I believe what you have pictured is one of those.

Group 3:  They all look like parts of window channels that reside inside the doors.

I see you are not a member of the club yet.  I would sure like the welcome you if you should decide to join us.  Good luck with your project and if I can help you, I will try.  Russ Hobden, #1235.
Russ Hobden, CLC #1235

Caddy Wizard

Top item in Group 1 is a cover for either a door or a door opening.  I recall it covers a bit of the door opening on the front doors, near the hinge.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)