News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Any hints for removing channels from side window (62-6267)

Started by 6262, June 12, 2014, 04:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello girls and guys,

I have the following problem: I ordered a new lower channel for my 62-6267 (convertible), but I'm not sure what is the best way to remove the channels from the window without breaking it. I want to avoid damage both to the window and the upper channel, lower channel doesn't matter.

Any hint how to do it best, tips and tricks are heavily appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Please excuse the mess in the picture, it was the only one at hand and was taken when the car was dismantled - therefore the chaos ;)

1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Ken Perry

The way I do it,is take a piece of 2x4 about 6 to 8 inches long and put one end of the 2x4 against the channel and tap the other with a little dead blow hammer. They come rite off. Make sure the board is clean as not to scratch the window! Good luck. Ken Perry   
Cadillac Ken

1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville