News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Trim code 000 B on 65 Eldorado

Started by Chuck Swanson, June 15, 2014, 01:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Swanson

Is the 000 for a special order interior on my 65?  I know B is for buckets, which car has, but the leather is two tone, white with tan inserts, so I'm guessing the inserts are the 000 code??  Thanks
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

quadfins

Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Chuck Swanson

Thanks Jim!  They are in really nice condition.  Here's a pic as bought before I cleaned interior and used Leatherique.
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Fleetwood
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

Eldo66

Chaz -

The 000-B code is definitely some form of special order interior, with bucket seats.  Was not necessarily contrasting seat inserts - could have been a non-standard color (as was my car), or leather side panels, or colored piping.  If you can take a close up photo of the tan inserts on your car, and it turns out to be original perforated leather, might shed some light on the 000 code.

Regards, P. Nesbitt
1966 Eldorado - Flamenco Red with bucket seats

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Chaz Swansen on June 15, 2014, 01:06:49 AM
Is the 000 for a special order interior on my 65?  I know B is for buckets, which car has, but the leather is two tone, white with tan inserts, so I'm guessing the inserts are the 000 code??  Thanks

The "00" or "000" code is used in any instance of an order for non stock trim, however slight. For that reason, it can be difficult to determine what the special order actually was.   

In your case the answer is yes, the two tone seating was the cause at a minimum; there may well be other items as well.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

C.R. Patton II

Hello Eric

I appreciate you for clarifying that.  If Chaz obtained a copy of the original build sheet will that indicate the non stock item? Thank you.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Chuck Swanson

Update.  Got the build sheet from GM confirming was a special order.  Also, they sent me a doc with some of the special order options, specifically

"Special Leather Colors. Any de Ville series or Eldorado leather color, in single or two-tone combination, Aztec or non- perforated grain is available on special order. See pages 73 and 79 for a list of colors and prices." "Non-Perforated Leather. On a special order, non-perforated leather without the Aztec grain may be ordered. Add $21.45 to prices on page 15 for total non-perforated optional leather charge. See page 78 for order sample."

as the bolster portion is a tan like color and not perforated. 

Car also has controlled differential. 
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Fleetwood
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

One of the great things about Cadillac is the meticulous record keeping which the Division has maintained. Not so with most other marques including other GM divisions which often makes authentication very arduous! 

Glad to hear you have found the information you were looking for. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute