News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Professional inspection needed

Started by Oz Power, June 20, 2014, 11:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz Power

I am looking at buying 1960 Cadillac Convertible  60 series. 
I would like to hire a professional to view and thoroughly inspect the car for mechanical , authenticity etc.
Does anybody know how  I would go about doing this before I buy.

Thanks

Joe

Dave Shepherd

D.Yaros

Dave Yaros
CLC #25195
55 Coupe de Ville
92 Allante
62 Olds  

You will find me on the web @:
http://GDYNets.atwebpages.com  -Dave's Den
http://graylady.atwebpages.com -'55 CDV site
http://www.freewebs.com/jeandaveyaros  -Saved 62 (Oldsmobile) Web Site
The home of Car Collector Chronicles.  A  monthly GDYNets newsletter focusing on classic car collecting.
http://www.scribd.com/D_Yaros/

C.R. Patton II

Hello Joe

Before you pay an appraiser or purchase a vehicle I suggest that you LEARN about the era, history and model that you are interested.  This will allow you to be a knowledgeable buyer. If you are not a CLC National and region member near your residence you will also lose out on the opportunity to discuss the model with other experienced members and owners.

Please take the extra time to become a conscientious consumer instead of a drowning minnow in deep water.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Oz Power

I have found a 1960 Caddy convertible series 62 in Maine, Portland.
I have taken the advice of other CLC national members to organise an inspection done by automobile inspections service.
I checked the body plate details via photos and it appears to be right combinations etc.

However, I wondered if there are any members in Maine who could assist me with a second opinion on the vehicle before I buy. this is because members will know the nuances of that particular model and a key eye can spot some of the issues that someone else may not.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

CLC Member Brian Rachlin (76Eldo) specializes in this service and also happens to own a 1960 Series 62 Convertible so he would be the man to consult.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

dolph4golf

I agree that Brian would be the perfect guy to help you!

Offline 76eldo

CLC Member
        CLC Member #22443
    Name: Brian Rachlin

Good luck!

Randolph Hane
clc# 22326
1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
1953 Eldorado #66
1953 Eldorado #513
1958 Eldorado Biarritz
1960 Eldorado Biarritz
1982 Coupe Deville
2004 Deville
2009 XLR

76eldo

I have spoken to Joe and looked at a couple of things online for him previously.
I'm up for it. Thanks for the kind words.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Dan LeBlanc

I'm about 5 hours from Portland in New Brunswick, Canada.  I'll be passing through Portland on my way to and from Fall Hershey if you need assistance.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Oz Power

Thanks Dan. At this stage I think I have it organized. but I appreciate your offer for assistance.

76eldo

I'm at O'Hare airport in  Chicago waiting to board for my flight back to Phila.

I was able to put together a good deal for a beautiful Hampton Blue 1960 62 series convertible for Joe.  Joe is happy, the seller is almost happy, and I'm flying home after flying out this morning.

Long day.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)