News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Authenticity Manual

Started by Hayden P, June 22, 2014, 09:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayden P

Anyone know why there isn't an Authenticity Manual for probably the most desirable and iconic Cadillac - the 59/60 ?

Would love to buy one if available... But not listed on CLC website.

Blade

Hayden: I believe it is in the works right now, I am also waiting for it.

76eldo

I find it very strange that there isn't one already.
I'd take one as well.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

C.R. Patton II

Hello

The 1959/60 Cadillac Authenticity Manual is very desirable.  There is a group working on this project completion.  Bill Anderson has numerous closing items he is working on.  Brian let's have breakfast to discuss assisting them?
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

wrefakis

I hope the guys working on the manual are not the same guys who think they built 99 bucket seat cars,or offer cars as one of one documented by cadillac

Walter Youshock

These things don't write themselves.  It takes a dedicated, and usually very small, group to compose an Authenticity Manual.  Been there and done that.  The fewer people working on it, the longer it takes to get done.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

936CD69

Ditto what Walter said! I have been researching the 85-93 deVille models for the authenticity manual for 2 years. I have been blessed to have access to the CLCMRC and the GM Media Center Archives. Even tho these cars are 25 years newer than the 59-60s, I'll no more than finish a draft of a section, then find additional and/or conflicting information which requires still another draft. Remember these manuals are based on Cadillac issued materials, and photos of ORIGINAL cars. Getting those photos alone is like pulling teeth!

Kudos to those working on the manuals for the older models!
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

76eldo

Bill

I'm sure you could be a big help to whoever is writing the book.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Bill,
I agree with Brian. Here's a chance to share your years of research.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Hayden P

To the dedicated people putting it together...

Can I say a massive Thankyou !!!!!!

I will definitely order one once done.

Jay Friedman

I was one of the lead authors on the 48-49 manual.  Even with a committee of 13 people it took many months to get out a first edition in 2006.  The research never stopped and we soon realized that the 1st edition was "premature" and a 2nd edition was needed.  After another year of work the 2nd edition was finished in Nov. '08.  So if our experience is any guide, the longer the people working on the 59-60 manual have to finish their work, the better the final product should be. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Blade

Gentlemen: regarding this, I have been webmaster and forum administrator at several other websites and decided to start a website focusing on the '59 Cadillacs. I will also setup a forum which will look just like this one, we can share information there which should also help with the manual; we can contribute material and ask and answer questions.

I just registered a domain name this morning and currently setting it up at my webhosting company. If all goes well I can also get the forum up and running today. The new site will be at 1959Cadillac.net

C.R. Patton II

Hello Tibor

Great idea and thank you for taking the initiative.  We can do it!
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Blade

Thank you C.R., yes I think it will be helpful to have a site about these cars as well and on a forum people can share information, including contributing to the manual.

I started the site here: www.1959Cadillac.net just an initial page at this time and also setup the first look of the forum. Coincidentally the forum will look similar to our CLC forum as this same forum application was offered by my webhosting company for free, so it should be familiar for us. Of course much work needed on it yet but it's a start ... :)

I will also let others know about it by posting it under General Discussions.