News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1950 Back seat measurement

Started by VooDoo, June 25, 2014, 08:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VooDoo

I need to find out what the measurement is for the back seat on my 1950 61 series. I dont have the seats and I am trying to see what I can make work. Thanks
Andy Fulenwider
1937 75 Series Convertible
1947 62 Series Custom Project

rghobden

Which model do you have in the 61 series?  I have a 6169 (4 door sedan) that I can take some measurements on.  If your car is the 6137 (2 door coupe) I would imagine that the rear seat is different and my measurements may not work.      Russ Hobden #1235
Russ Hobden, CLC #1235

VooDoo

It is the 6137 2 door coupe. If you could measure it that would be great. I would imagine they are the same width even if its close I could always build the rear panels out to hide the gap. I am going custom with it so its not that big a deal but would prefer to be really close on the measurements. If you could measure height and width that would be very helpful. Thanks
Andy Fulenwider

rghobden

Here's the measurements I took on the rear seat of my 6169:
The lower seat cushion: 
Width across the seat...63 inches.  Height of seat where a passenger would put his feet...11 1/2 inches.  Height of seat at center of cushion where the driveshaft hump is located...8 1/2 inches.  Depth of seat from front edge to where the seat back cushion meets the seat...18 inches.
The back cushions:  Width across the bottom edge...63 inches.  Width across the top edge...57 inches.  Height (from top of seat cushion to top of back cushion...23 inches.  Center fold-down arm width...6 inches.  Height of center arm when in the "down" position...5 inches.  This would also be the depth of the back cushion.  The back cushion is made up of three parts with the arm rest being one of the parts and is full length, meaning it goes from the lower seat cushion to the window package tray.

I hope this helps.  Good luck with your project.  Russ Hobden #1235
Russ Hobden, CLC #1235

VooDoo

Andy Fulenwider

gary griffin

Dare I mention that in the fifties we considered the size of the back seat of paramount importance.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver