News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Intro

Started by jhilla68, June 26, 2014, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhilla68

Hello, fellow Cadillac enthusiasts!

My name is Joe and I purchased a low-mileage (~19K) 1961 Sedan Deville in March of this year.  I've been slowly addressing the items that have begun to fail, for sitting for many years.  To day, I've gotten the radiator re-cored (re-using original end tanks), and the gas tank cleaned / sealed.  My latest project is upgrading to a dual-circuit master cylinder.  This has become a much bigger under-taking than I was originally anticipating, but I think I finally have a game plan together.

Regardless, a couple internet searches turned this site up, so I wanted to join and post an introduction.  Thanks for housing this great body of knowledge!
-J. Hilla
2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ
1961 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Dan LeBlanc

Welcome to the site. The 61's are fantastic cars. We really enjoy our 61 Fleetwood

We also like pictures around here.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

quadfins

Hi Joe,
   Welcome to the CLC website and forum. There are many helpful Cadillac owners here, so don't hesitate to ask any questions that might come up.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

C.R. Patton II

Hello Hilla

Greetings and welcome to the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Discussion Forum.  Please consider joining our CLC national organization and a region near your residence to enjoy the benefits of membership.  I would also suggest that you acquire a Cadillac Shop manual and Class 19 1961-62 Cadillac Authenticity Manual.

I liok forward to meeting you and seeing your Sedan Deville.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

35-709

Cadillac Shop Manuals are usually readily available at eBay Motors, a must have if you are doing the work on your car OR even if paying someone else to do it ---
http://www.ebay.com/sch/6000/i.html?_nkw=1961+Cadillac+Shop+Manual&_rdc=2

The Authenticity Manual is available from our club ---
http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/technical-resources/authenticity-manuals

One of the biggest favors you can do for yourself is to join the club! ---
http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/joinrenew

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

jhilla68

Thanks for the warm welcome, gentleman.  Once I get the car buttoned back up, I'll be sure to post up some pics.

A shop manual came with the car and has already proven to be worth its weight in gold.....well, maybe not THAT much, but it's definitely come in handy.  I'm looking forward to hanging around and soaking up some knowledge on these wonderful cars.
-J. Hilla
2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ
1961 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Here's the deal, the only requirement for help on this forum is that you post pictures!!
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille