News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Self-Starter Delivery Condition

Started by mistertudball, June 30, 2014, 05:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistertudball

No criticism of CLC at all, since I consciously opted for membership at the lower level of postage for the Self-Starter, but does anyone else get every single issue mangled, but readable?  I enjoy reading the magazine, but don't save them, so it really doesn't matter.  However I'm just amazed that every other periodical I receive -- including all junk mail and other car club magazines -- arrive in pristine shape.  Just curious; the July issue arrived today and may have been dragged behind the postal van.
David Bartosic CLC19619

C.R. Patton II

Hello David

I'm disappointed that you have received our monthly publication with damage.  This is the fault of the postal service not our organization.  Please contact me with the dates.  I will send my issues to you free of charge.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

quadfins

Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

mistertudball

Thanks, C.R., but I can still read and enjoy the magazine so no need to send copies.  I'm just curious as to why the S/S always arrives like it went thru a tornado.  Also in today's mail was the AAA Home & Away, the Corvair Club magazine, Costco Connection magazine, and Automobile magazine; all without protective covers or tape holding them closed, and all unblemished.   Weird.
David Bartosic CLC19619

76eldo

Maybe your postal carrier drives Lincolns.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

The Tassie Devil(le)

Arrives down here in Tasmania in perfect condition.

Even educated the Postman to not fold it when putting it into the Letter Box.   I had to explain to him many years ago the reason why I built such a wide Letter Box.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jason Edge

Mine almost always arrives here in NC in pristine condition. Probably a breakdown at the local distribution level, however, you state that other mail arrives in nice condition so not sure. 
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Mine makes it just fine.  Wife rolls her eyes and hands it to me.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Glen

Mine also arrives in very good condition.

If I were you I would take it to your post office and ask to see the supervisor.  A polite conversation with the supervisor may find the cause and a remedy. 

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

okccadman

Mine arrived yesterday.  It usually comes looking like it was fresh from a newsstand but today the cover looked like it had been out in the rain and run over by a 77 Town Car.   The inside pages were fine but the outer cover and main cover pages were ragged.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

76eldo

I recently upgraded to 1st class with an online option.

I still do not have my July issue, and shouldn't the online option be available before I get it by snail mail?

Just asking...

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

debramcdonald

Our copy always arrives with a mangled mailing cover (the matte finish black and white fold-out), and usually a couple of pages are crunched a bit. It's especially disappointing this month, as our '64 is featured on page 17!

I wonder if the texture of the mailing cover not being slick like the rest of the magazine has anything to do with it? Maybe it gets caught in the sorting machines or something?

CEC #20099

CEC #20099 Here. The American Theatre Organ Society went to polybagging, & a stiffener card insert with mailing address on it. Dues are about $50, & the glossy photos are worth the price. My mail in SW Chicago frequently arrives wet, even tho I have house deliv, oversize rural box, & postman drives a truck.  Go figure.

I vote for polybagging, & adjust the dues. I am NOT interested in e delivery.

Roger Zimmermann

Up to now, mine was always delivered without problem and I'm not located very near...
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Jeff Wilk

I started a similar post months ago when i thought the paper quality was at fault. Mine came today and as usual was looking like it had been through the mill for weeks. My AACA mag was pristine as always as was my VCCA Chevy club magazine.  I love the concept that maybe the postman drives a Lincoln...... ;D

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Richardonly

1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I'll see if Lars has room to bring it up next week, otherwise it may be the mid-winter Board meeting before it can be addressed. In the meantime, everyone that gets their copy mangled should let Mike or Nancy Book know about it, and get a replacement copy. If they have to send out too many copies, I'm sure they will bring it up as well.

The publication committee does meet in between Board Meetings so don't complain about it "taking so long to address matters." The Club works as fast as possible to correct problems.

Again, you are supposed to get a decent copy. If you do not, don't complain here just to complain. Ask for a replacement copy. It does no good to complain here if you don't let the right people know. That is Mike and Nancy Book at the CLC office. Pick up a telephone and call. And as several people mentioned, it will do no harm to let your Postmaster know about the problem in a polite manner.

You do have the right to complain here, it's just that calling the right people does more good...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

CLC Office

As Barry mentioned, if you receive a damaged issue of the Self-Starter, call the CLC Office (614-478-4622) or email the CLC Office (cadlasalleclub@aol.com) and we'll be happy to send you a replacement copy. Fresh July issues will go out in the mail to Dave Bartosic, Jim Jordan, Jeff Wilk and Chris & Debra McDonald on Saturday.

Mike & Nancy Book, CLC # 19946

CEC #20099

Forget my earlier suggestion about polybags. The post office is far more destructive than I ever saw. My recent issue of the American Theatre Organ Society came in a bag, ripped open, & half the issue inside , ripped. This is the dreaded `HOOK` gone wrong. Chgo Post Office area.  I give up.

c chleboun  #20099

debramcdonald

Got our replacement copy in the mail today. It was shipped in a white envelope and arrived in perfect condition. Thanks!