News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac Database and Yann Saunders

Started by jdemerson, July 04, 2014, 08:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdemerson

This is a brief follow-up to a recent posting by Yann. I'm using a new posting because I think the issue raised deserves separate attention in the CLC.

The Cadillac-LaSalle Database, www.cadillacdatabase.org, is an extraordinary resource and it surely represents thousands of hours of effort and research. Yann is right that some members may not be aware of it; I have found that to be true for questions and information relating to sales literature and advertising.

My own interest is largely in the section on sales literature, but the photo sections are also very useful and informative. My collection has a few pieces that aren't listed in Yann's literature Database, but I have been amazed at how complete and accurate the Database is.

I have never met Yann, but am hoping he will be at Lake George. He deserves deepest appreciation from all of us. (I know he has received well-deserved awards in the past.)  Thank you, Yann!

John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC # 26790
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

veesixteen

Thank you for the heads up, John. I am flattered to know that some of the info and photos I have added to the Cadillac Database over the past 15 years has entertained many of you and perhaps broadened the scope of your interest in Cadillac and LaSalle cars.

As you may know if you read the "Foreword" to the DB, my own interest was sparked off at Christmas 1955 by a colorful ad for the 1956 Sedan de Ville, that was published in the National Geographic magazine. As a curious, eager teen I began to admire "unattainable" American cars (leastways in Scotland, my home country); I started to quench my "thirst for Cadillacs" by collecting the paper kind (ads, photos, merchandising material and scale models). Today, my collection sadly is dispersed but remains "alive" in digital form, mas you can see.

BTW, I would be interested to get from you any digital images and brief descriptions of pieces in your own literature collection that are not listed in my Database. Despite that I turned over responsibility for the DB to CLC member and good friend, JC Franchitti, in 2011-12, I still try to help out whenever I find the time by adding new or better images to the resource.

My lasting regret is that I got into digitally recording some superb Cadillac literature pieces only in the mid-90s when I had only "starter" hardware and software, as well as (very) limited access to web space. You probably noticed this in going through some of the DB pages.

Anyway, good chatting with you. Enjoy your visit to Lake George. Perhaps we shall meet some day. I look forward to it.  Unfortunately, my wife and I won't be attending this year's GN as we shall be in Europe until the end of September.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

cadLamp

hi im trying to locate the 1967 6 wheel cadillac built by gordon glover i see his brother ronald posted  pictures and info on car due to gordons passing on the new cadillac data base site im trying to locate car we bought this car in 1976 at the april in rockford il. auction through kruse auctions and sold the car in 1980 to a chicago attorney i would be greatful on any info thanks b lamp

cadLamp

these are the last 2 photos i took of car in 1980 thanks b lamp

Jon S

Quote from: jdemerson on July 04, 2014, 08:56:18 AM
This is a brief follow-up to a recent posting by Yann. I'm using a new posting because I think the issue raised deserves separate attention in the CLC.

The Cadillac-LaSalle Database, www.cadillacdatabase.org, is an extraordinary resource and it surely represents thousands of hours of effort and research. Yann is right that some members may not be aware of it; I have found that to be true for questions and information relating to sales literature and advertising.

My own interest is largely in the section on sales literature, but the photo sections are also very useful and informative. My collection has a few pieces that aren't listed in Yann's literature Database, but I have been amazed at how complete and accurate the Database is.

I have never met Yann, but am hoping he will be at Lake George. He deserves deepest appreciation from all of us. (I know he has received well-deserved awards in the past.)  Thank you, Yann!

John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC # 26790

Get an error message trying to access the database. How do I obtain access?
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

cadLamp

try typing ( thenewcadillacdatabase) i had same issue till i did this b lamp

D.Smith

I believe it is in Maintenance mode.     

Jon S

Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Woody

All I got was the agreement page with no place to agree

veesixteen

It's a fact that when try to log on to the "New Cadillac Database", the "AGREE" box at the foot of the disclaimer does NOT stand out. I mentioned this to JC who is currently in charge of making many changes and improvements to the DB. He as going to make that "button" MORE VISIBLE.

Meanwhile go to the last line of the disclaimer.  Below it you should be able to make out
the "AGREE" box.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"