News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

New member introduction

Started by GtoJudge, July 04, 2014, 12:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GtoJudge

Hi everyone. Just wanted to share my new to me 67 Eldorado I just purchased. It has about 50% original paint. The vinyl roof was replaced early in its life. I got it from the second owner that had it since the late 70's. This is what it looked like when he bought it. It was originally purchased from Daniels Cadillac out of Hartford, CT. It spent most of it's life in the Midwest. I flew in and drove it home. About a thousand mile trip. I am going to detail it under the hood, underneath and wherever it needs attention. No bondo, a weal magnet sticks everywhere. I do need some advice on where I can purchase a kit to rebuild the alc compressor. I have also noticed that everyone on the net either paints the compressor tank gold or silver. Mine is black and it appears to be anodized. Paint thinner or remover will not strip the finish off. Here's some pics. This car started my car hobby craze. My Grand Father had a baroque gold 68. He would take me into the garage and show me how to change brakes, tune ups, etc. .

Looking forward to learning and contributing.

Thanks

Mike

67 Eldorado
70 Gto Judge, Ram Air IV
88 Corvette Convertible, 8,000 original mile

Jon S

Welcome!  Very nice and I'm sure you will make it even nicer!
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Paul Tesone

WELCOME !! .... Nice looking car . You will be amazed at the knowledge of the people who contribute to this Forum . They will certainly be able to help you . You should get an authenticity manual. Info on how to get one is on the CLC website . You didn't say whether that 1000 mile drive home was eastward or westward . If it was eastward , you might live close enough to go to the CLC Grand National at Lake George NY next week .If you can make it , you should go . You will be inspired . ....Paul Tesone CLC # 6876