News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

trailers

Started by don berg, July 04, 2014, 04:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don berg

Will a 1941 cadillac 6267d cov. fit in a 20 foot cover trailer? Will I be able to hook up the front end of the car  Thanks Don

Bill Podany #19567

Don Berg,

I highly doubt it; I had to have a 24 foot enclosed trailer made for my 41 60 S

Bill Podany
Knoxville, TN
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado

gary griffin

Custom built trailers are great, and they can have side doors lined up with your car doors so you can easily get in and out.  Possibly if they are 8'- 6" it would not be so bad. At one time I had an older 8 ft wide Wells cargo 20 footer and it was great for 4 motorcycles but problematic for big cars.  If were to order a trailer today I would order a snowmobile front end as the two front doors at angles would make easy access for tie downs and in the center of the front end there would be room for a 12 volt winch for disabled cars or other cargo. Also the pointed front end should be easier to tow and may even get a little better mileage.
  I would also have good sized doors on both sides because I have right hand drive cars also and a left hand only door would be disadvantageous if you wanted to enter the trailer where there may be traffic.  A friend of mine ordered an open trailer with a windbreak in front and drop down fender so he could open his doors easily but he also has right hand drive car and forgot to order the drop down fender for the right hand fender. So many decisions it is easy to make a mistake and it is a big pile of cash so we want to do it right.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

don berg

Thanks Guys for your help. I donot think it will fit also.  Thanks Don