News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

65 rear window defogger, electrical

Started by tudor_47, July 08, 2014, 02:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tudor_47

I had my back seat out of the caddy and I found a wire there leading up to the shelf behind the seat back. It looks like and original wire it is dark blue with a single connector at the end, the wire comes up and almost follows the vacuum hose for the trunk release and it is secured to the shelf with a clip.
looking at it I think it is for a rear window defogger...

so my question is
What color is the wiring for the rear window defogger? Anyone that has a schematic of the defogger system?
If not for the defogger what could it be?

My car does not have the switch for a defogger....

thanks!

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Johnny,
It's probably for the rear seat speaker. A shop manual would answer this question & many more about the car. Dirt cheap on Ebay.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

tudor_47

Thanks Bob!

I do have the manual both the shop and the body manual, I never thought of it beeing for the speaker...

A quick glanse, in the shop manual, and that cable is supposed to be green ( as per the shop manual page 67 point 86)
I do believe it is that cable although it is blue, as I do have the radio(AM/FM) but no defogger switch.

I am still missing info on the defogger system in the manual.
/Johnny

Glen

According to the 1967 shop manual the wire to the rear window defogger is yellow.  The wiring diagram is in chapter 15 Accessories rear window defogger.

It also says the rear speaker wire is dark blue.  Section 12 body wiring diagram

It is common to use the same color code over many years. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

tudor_47

Thanks Glen!

I did find the radio speaker wire in the circuit diagram (body manual section 12) and yes it is blue

My manual does not have an section 15 accessories..

The mystery of the blue wire is solved.

Thanks again!
/Johnny