News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1978 Seville, heater core

Started by chigger, March 31, 2008, 07:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chigger

Does anybody have any tips or tricks on putting a heater core in my 1978 Seville??
1978 Seville

TJ Hopland

Looking at the 77 shop manual I could not find anything about the heater core in the seville section which leads me to believe that it is the same for all cars.  Strange thing is that in the seville section they refer you to other sections for the stuff that is the same.  There is details on every other part of the seville system but no heater core?   Perhaps its too late and I cant see straight.   If it is the same as the other cars it looks like its only 8 steps that all seem logical and it all comes out from under the hood.   

If you dont get it figured out by the weekend I will look for the 78 manuals and have a closer look at the 77.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

hjlint

Quote from: TJ Hopland on April 01, 2008, 02:06:51 AM
Looking at the 77 shop manual I could not find anything about the heater core in the seville section which leads me to believe that it is the same for all cars.  Strange thing is that in the seville section they refer you to other sections for the stuff that is the same.  There is details on every other part of the seville system but no heater core?   Perhaps its too late and I cant see straight.   If it is the same as the other cars it looks like its only 8 steps that all seem logical and it all comes out from under the hood.   

If you dont get it figured out by the weekend I will look for the 78 manuals and have a closer look at the 77.
Heater core comes out from the Inside, must remove R/F inner fender well to gain access to the Heater hoses and nuts for the case.Entire case needs to be removed to remove core.
Hedley Lint

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

That post is over 6 years OLD! And the OP has not been on the board in 4 years.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

TJ Hopland

Maybe he froze from not having a working heater?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason