News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1980 Eldorado Vinyl

Started by steve punzo, July 16, 2014, 09:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve punzo

From the New Haven CT area....   Any vinyl roof experts here?  I have what can best be described as a small tear/peeling of the vinyl roof on each side where the vinyl meets the rear windshield.  Brought it to a vinyl/interior guy that basically told me nothing can be done short of replacing the whole vinyl. Said he was leery of trying to repair because that would require heating the area which could cause the rear windshield to shatter since it is an outside installation.   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Martin Michaels

Steve, I have about the same problem on my '80.I think the problem might be worse than you think.They have a tendency to rust underneath and that should be looked at and I've been told to replace it yours could be different but check that out.
Marty  CLC#26833
1947 6269  Cavern Green
1980 CDV D Elegance  White