News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

INSIDE DOOR HANDLE

Started by 59edsel, August 03, 2014, 04:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

59edsel

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW YOU REMOVE THE INSIDE DOOR HANDLE ON A 54 CADILLAC?   THANKS VERY MUCH,  MIKE  READING

timer2

The inside door handles are held in place by a C-clip that slips over a groove on the handle. Auto parts stores sell a removal tool for this for under $10 or a small pick or screwdriver can be used to carefully PUSH the clip out of it's groove. Terry I.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

This was the first part I had to mess with on my first Cadillac. When they come loose, they take wing. Try finding one in a dark, dark garage. Best of luck. BW.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Coupe Deville

Yes Barry is correct. Just had to do this on my 57'. It took me a few minuets to find it. After it flew across the driveway.
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"