News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Series 62 Coupe Horn

Started by bettyanncaddy, August 09, 2014, 04:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettyanncaddy

Working to get the horn going and originally thought there was a bad relay but turns out its good. Fuses were blowing. Then discovered when the High horn was removed the fuse would no longer blow. Fixed this. Now down to the horn sounding constantly. Think it has been traced back to the neutral safety switch and think there may be a short or something between it and the horn ring?  Any suggestions from here in figuring out the remainder?

Thanks.
Steve
Steve Fairbanks CLC Member #28663

1959 Series 62 Coupe

Joshua

Hi Steve  :)

I had a similar problem to this on mine.  I pulled the round chrome horn ring button off in the center of the steering wheel and under that are the horn components.  The rubber gasket in between the metal components had cracked and come apart in several places and I made another one for it and that fixed the problem.  Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,
Joshua Cross
1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 6 Window
1964 Volkswagen Type I

bettyanncaddy

Appreciate the response. I must be missing a rubber grommet. Don't go through a lot of trouble but if you have a pic of the complete setup would be great. Any other comments you might think of as well. Thanks again!

Steve
Steve Fairbanks CLC Member #28663

1959 Series 62 Coupe

Joshua

Hi Steve  :)

Here is a picture of the hardware for the horn.

Hope this helps,
Joshua Cross :)
1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 6 Window
1964 Volkswagen Type I