News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Another 200 car 'barn find' collection in the midwest

Started by TJ Hopland, August 10, 2014, 10:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

The auction company that did the last one is doing another one.   This one does not have the 'new' cars or as many cars as the last one but still a pretty big collection with a few interesting cars.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/barn-200-vintage-cars-old-chevy-dealer-auction-190039996.html
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Sigh!!
I'm only 1 good lottery ticket away.
Oh well.
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Not to sound cynical but these so-called estate sales just kill me.

Any single car here - offered individually by some unknown wouldn't do half the money - but when it comes from an ESTATE - whoa, look out man! Suddenly it's the only one left on the planet.

Keep lots of ink in your pen - you'll need it PLUS the 4-10% Buyers Premium, thank you very much.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

TJ Hopland

I'm sure it will be a good deal for the auction house and the seller.  Its the same people that did the other one and that got a ton of publicity and I am sure higher prices than it would otherwise have.   I am guessing that is why these people decided to sell and use that auction house.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Alan Harris CLC#1513

And, of course, it wouldn't be remotely possible that they went out and found a few "barn finds" for the specific purpose of stocking up for the auction.

It was inevitable that after the mass hysteria of the Lambrecht sale that people would want to imitate it. Look for more examples of this over the next few years or until the buyers smarten up.

Smedly

I am not a ford guy, But I love the bus. Just needs a 500ci caddy under the hood.
Sheldon Hay
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

waterzap

The prices people paid for the Lambrecht auction was astounding.

“Highlights of the first day included a 1958 Chevrolet Cameo pickup with 1.3 miles on the odometer selling for $140,000 and a '78 Corvette with 4 miles selling for $80,000. One sale that stunned "Top Gear" involved a '77 Vega that sold for $10,000.”

• 1958 Chevrolet Cameo pickup, 1.3 miles, sold for $140,000.
• 1964 Chevrolet Impala, 11 miles, brought in $97,500.
• 1958 Chevrolet Apache 31 Series Truck, 5 miles, brought $80,000.
• 1978 Corvette Indy pace car, 4 miles, sold for $80,000.
• 1964 Chevrolet Impala, 4 miles, sold for $75,000.
Leesburg, AL