News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

phone pairing 2002 DTS

Started by TonyZappone #2624, August 11, 2014, 01:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyZappone #2624

I have a 2002 DTS that I leave North and use just in the summer time.  I don't have OnStar anymore.  I would like to pair my phone, but I don't know if I can without OnStar service.  The guy at OnStar didn't seem to know either.  Has anyone paired their cell phone without OnStar service?
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Dan LeBlanc

In 2002, the DTS would've had an on-board cellular phone to use OnStar, I believe (my 2004 is similar).  That's the reason for the cell phone antenna on the back window.  Unfortunately, you cannot pair the two as there is no Bluetooth capability in the car.

The previous owner ended up installing an aftermarket head unit with GPS, Bluetooth, Satellite Radio, backup camera, and DVD video in my car.  Very professionally done, the factory steering wheel controls were integrated in the setup, and I have just as much capability as the THX/Navigation unit in my 2009 Navigator.  The only drawback was that it cost him about $2500 to do.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

TonyZappone #2624

Thank you Dan.  I was afraid this was the case.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle