News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 Seat question

Started by speach, August 12, 2014, 07:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speach

I am curious if anybody knows the interchange years for the front split bench seat on my Deville?

William
Current cars:
1986 Military Chevrolet Diesel G30 Box Van
1968 Conv DeVille
1989 Toyota SpaceCruiser

You cant take your car with you in the end so drive the dang thing.

WilliamTrausch

cadillacmike68

I didn't think that 1968s had split bench seats. Full bench or buckets (only on ElDorado, Coupe or Convertible)
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

speach

As far as split bench I am referring to a bench with an arm rest and both backs lift up so the the rear passengers can get into the back. Would that be considered a split bench?
Current cars:
1968 Conv DeVille
1989 Toyota SpaceCruiser

WilliamTrausch

cadillactim

That is still a bench seat. Split seats are where both seat bottoms can move independently of each other. The seat frame would be the same from 1965-70, as the chassis changed in 1971. The 71 and up seats still may fit, but I'm not sure.

Tim
Tim Groves

cadillacmike68

Bill, what you want are the seats that came in Coupe DeVilles, DeVille convertibles or Calais coupes (not the Calais though because most of them were vinyl).

While they are full bench seats, with the armrest down, they look like a split bench. I like them. In 69 or 79, Fleetwoods introduced a true split bench and those will fit the 1968s, but the right side power may require modifications to work. In fact you might need to make additional mount points for a split bench in a 1968.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

speach

Interesting stuff. Thanks guys. Yea I thought what I have always seen in a 68 Deville was a split bench. I mean it is split, but not all the way. I get it, yea I have never seen anything like that before and have rarely seen buckets. I thought the seat frames were the same from 65 - at least 68. Just wasn't sure. Im basically picking what I love and putting it together on my 68. Some would consider it a frankenstein, but it is mine. Ha Ha. Basically all 67 interior with a 66 seat pattern on my 68 with a 67 side mirror.
Current cars:
1968 Conv DeVille
1989 Toyota SpaceCruiser

WilliamTrausch

cadillacmike68

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

speach

Current cars:
1968 Conv DeVille
1989 Toyota SpaceCruiser

WilliamTrausch