News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1949 Cadillac convertible/CdV door innards -- pictures needed!

Started by Caddy Wizard, August 13, 2014, 03:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Wizard

I am trying to repair some 1949 Cadillac convertible doors that are missing some critical components. I am afraid I will have to make some of this stuff and I need pictures to guide me.  Please help!  Alternatively, I would love to be able to buy the parts.  Here is what I need (either the parts or pictures of the parts so I can make them):

1.  upper and lower adjustable window stops (the parts the limit the upward and downward movement of the H-E windows) -- We don't have the adjustments screws, or anything other than the new rubber bumpers you can buy from Steele;

2.  Inner and outer anti-rattle roller assemblies (again, we have nothing other than the new rubber rollers you can get from Steele); and

3.  elongated sheet metal flange/bracket that carries the inner beltline "fuzzy".  This part is secured to the top of the inner part of the door's sheet metal with sheet metal screws, I think.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Art,
Do you have the Fisher Body Manual for your car? Reproductions are dirt cheap on ebay.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Caddy Wizard

I have the 1949 Fischer body manual (an original publication, not a photocopied reprint, so the quality of the photos is as good as possible).  It is some help, but not much.  It just doesn't show these parts in any detail or at all.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)

Caddy Wizard

I went through the Fischer Body Manual again, this time super carefully with a magnifying glass!  From that, I think I know how to make the adjustable window stops -- they won't be too hard at all.  But I still could use help with the anti-rattle roller assemblies and the belt line fuzzy mounting.  Can someone send me some pictures?
Art Gardner

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

I am not familiar with the exact details of the 49 but the Tri Five Chev's have some similar parts as the 40-41 convertibles.  You may want check out the Danchuk catalog. 
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

Caddy Wizard

Thanks Brad.  I did that and they look like they will work!  Even if I have to modify them some, it will be a lot better than starting from scratch.  But I suspect they will work as is or with relocated mounting holes.  See, https://www.danchuk.com/ItemForm.aspx?Item=14970

I ordered a set -- we'll see soon enough.
Art Gardner