News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Any 1929 experts out there?

Started by m-mman, August 14, 2014, 10:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-mman

I have a 1929 341B town sedan.  Nice car, restored in the 60s but was parked for years and now has stuck valves. I am well versed in 50s & 60s cars but this 1920s stuff is new to me.  ???

The heads are stuck and I am thinking about just pulling the whole engine and having it professionally restored.
Are there any experts on 1929 era cars that could give me some advice about what shops to use or even the correct colors for the engine?

I am in the Los Angeles area
Thanks.
1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634

31caddy

Egge Machine (www.egge.com) has an engine kit and can handle any required machine work including babbitting. They are in Santa Fe Springs. Did you buy this car off of ebay a short time back? If it is the one I am thinking of, it appeared to be a nice car and well worth fixing. Good luck.
R. Rowland CLC #28971

1931 Model 355A Sedan (Recently sold)
1931 Model 355A Fleetwood 4535 Convertible Coupe
2005 Cadillac XLR